Born in Florida, raised in Texas, and educated in Washington, DC, I think I’ve seen a pretty good portion of America. My first plane ride took me to New York when I was almost too young to remember, and with family scattered from coast to coast, I travel domestically fairly frequently.
Since then, I’ve covered most of the East Coast, and plan to gradually work my way across the rest of America over the next few years.
By April 2018, I had visited the following:
- Florida where I was born
- Texas where I’ve lived for fifteen years
- Massachusetts 2009 & 2018
- Louisiana 2011
- Tennessee 2016
- California 2016 & 2017
- New Jersey 2017
- Rhode Island 2017 & 2018
- Delaware for a minute in 2018, but I’m going to count it anyway
- Pennsylvania 2018
- Virginia because I go to school in DC
- Maryland ditto
- Ohio where my aunt and uncle live
- New York basically every month
- Connecticut because my sister lived there for a few years
My first international journey was in 2016, when I spent 5 weeks in Tarragona, Spain, as an au pair. It was an experience which I will never forget, and one that sparked a serious passion for travel. Since then, I’ve spent a few days in downtown Cancún, Mexico, and six weeks studying abroad in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. I’m also wrapping up a semester abroad in Kampala, Uganda, which included a weekend in Kigali, Rwanda.
Join me as I explore my world the only way I know how – with an open mind and a dangerously small bank account.